Re: [Usability] Themus usability

On Tue, 2003-07-22 at 16:03, Calum Benson wrote:
> On Mon, 2003-07-21 at 15:47, Andrew Sobala wrote:
>
> > 1. What should happen in 2.4 when you click on a theme? At the moment,
> > nothing happens. I could leave this, or I could have the theme being
> > applied. But then this would change in 2.6.
>
> I would say apply it, even though Themus has the same "how do I get back
> to what I had if I don't like it issue" that gnome-theme-manager has.
> (You could pop up a "Do you want to keep this theme?"-type alert after
> it had been applied I guess, but that would probably get on peoples'
> nerves.)
>
> If a theme suggests a font (and/or a background, can a theme do that
> yet?) I would be tempted to pop up an alert asking if you wanted to
> apply that/those as well (preferably with the font name and/or a
> preview), otherwise just apply the theme straight away.

Right, I thought so. I'll write that and check with the release team.

wrt. Backgrounds, the code doesn't exist to handle them yet, although
the correct key to use in the index.theme file is defined in the source
code :)

--
Andrew Sobala <aes gnome org>

The lighting designer is expected to be a master of art, science,
history, psychology, communications, politics and sometimes even
mind reading. -- Stage Lighting Design 101