Re: [Usability] decicion on panel menu size

On 11 Jul 2003, Christian Fredrik Kalager Schaller wrote:

> Date: 11 Jul 2003 10:25:21 +0200
> From: Christian Fredrik Kalager Schaller <Uraeus linuxrising org>
> To: usability gnome org
> Subject: [Usability] decicion on panel menu size
>
> Hi,
> I tried to read through the usability list regarding changing the size
> of the menu alike what Ximian has done. I am not sure a concensus was
> reached, but I think that unless the vast majority of people where
> against it then the change should go in. I just tested my own theme and
> things looks decidedly better with the large icons. Having the icons
> bigger makes them decidedly easier to identify even for people with
> normal vision like me so I would think the usability of the desktop
> definitly increase with this.
>
> To examplify:
> Big icons:
> http://www.linuxrising.com/files/nuvolamenubig.png

Is the vertical advertising stripe really necessary?

My only worry is excluding users with smaller displays but I dont expect
that would be a problem but it does mean that the number of items needs to
be kept below a maximum of roughly 15 items.

Sincerely

Alan H.