Re: [Usability] Evolution 2.0

On Fri, 2003-07-11 at 15:13, David Adam Bordoley wrote:
> Well let me be the first one to beg you to break evo up into seperate apps.
> The monolithic ui is just plain hard to use. Menu-merging prevents users
> from developing muscle memory, and there really is no good reason why evo
> needs to exist as a monolithic app other than thats how outlook worked.
> Seperate apps that integrate well together would be a huge improvement.

I heartily agree.  A monolithic app doesn't make much sense; what does
my calendar have to do with my e-mail?  (From a user/object perspective,
not technical perspective.)  It makes sense to, if I want, just
concentrate on e-mail and not have the UI clutter and overhead that
calendar, tasks, etc. all have.

>From a looks/feel perspective, it makes more sense to open an address
book than "open evolution, and find the addressbook therein."