Re: [Usability]Re: Viewpoints on conditional formatting, anyone?

On Tue, 7 Jan 2003, Laura Arlov wrote:

> The biggest problem I see with Excel's dialog is that I have no clear
> sense of what range the conditions apply to; and it doesn't seem to be
> all cells, but just "The cells you had selected when you entered the
> dialog."

As far as I can see, that is also the case with regular formatting of
cells.

I admit I don't know much about spreadsheets, but I have to wonder why
'conditional formatting' is so special it warrants its own menu
item/dialog. In my view, the format condition could just be a property of
the style that is applied to a certain range of cells. I imagine a Cell
attributes notebook like OOo's, with one more 'Condition' tab. Or would
that be too simple?

regards,
--
Reinout van Schouwen			Artificial Intelligence student
email: reinout cs vu nl			mobile phone: +31-6-44360778

Help mee met het vertalen van GNOME! Zie http://gnome-nl.sourceforge.net/