[Usability]Re: Viewpoints on conditional formatting, anyone?

On Mon, 2003-01-06 at 21:58, Jon K Hellan wrote:

> We have to design a GUI for conditional formatting in
> Gnumeric. Excel's GUI is a natural starting point, but hopefully we
> can do better. I've put up a description with screenshots of Excel's
> GUI at http://domen.uninett.no/~jk/cfmt.html.

> Let the brainstorming begin.

Would it be possible/desirable to get rid of the "Format..." buttons by
transforming the display of the example-tekst into a button, wich if
clicked would pop up the format dialog?
This area would thus serve two purposes: display the format and popping
up the format dialog.

--Tino