Re: [Usability]Gnome keybindings list

> I assume it was designed that way, it sounds like a good suggestion
> though.  The solution might be as simple as ensuring the Help button in
> the dialog points to a page in the online help that includes the list.

Why give the user the option to change window key bindings, etc but not
text editing keybindings and whatever else seems to be left out?

My experience of moving to Gnome 2 has really showed me that it takes a
LONG time to learn new habits. I've been using Gnome/KDE for a few years
and I still rarely use CTRL+C/V. This loss of CTRL U has really thrown
me off. Also, the double click selection behavior seems to have changed
(I now have to click three times to highlight the whole line?). For new
users, keybindings should be similar Windows (that's probably where
they're comming from) but us old foggies get really thrown off by even
small changes like this and the ability to remap keybindings is
important; unless you want to force us to relearn old habits, that is.

The question comes down to, "Should the user have the ability to change
keybindings?". If yes, then all keybindings should be accessable; if no,
then users are going to have to be forced to learn new things.

Does anyone disagree with these statements?

Mat.