Re: [Usability] Linux Desktop Usability Report

On Wed, 13 Aug 2003, David Adam Bordoley wrote:

> Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2003 09:32:15 -0400
> From: David Adam Bordoley <bordoley msu edu>
> To: usability gnome org
> Cc: horkana maths tcd ie
> Subject: Re: [Usability] Linux Desktop Usability Report
>
> alan wrote:
> > I will use this opportunity to mention the term "Druid" as the most
> > unpleasant piece of wording I can think of in the entire Gnome desktop.
> > It overstretches an already weak metaphor (Wizard), at least the AutoPilot
> > terminology used by OpenOffice is far more likely to be understood by
> > users unfamiliar with computers even though it does also suffer the
> > inconsistancy disadvantage.
>
> I'm fairly certain the HIG recommends using the term "Assistant."

So it does:
http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gup/hig/draft_hig_new/windows-assistant.html

I definately need to sit down and read the HIG from start to finish, I
have read most of it but never all of it.
Now to actually get people to start using the term instead of Druid.

Thanks.

Sincerely

Alan Horkan
http://advogato.org/person/AlanHorkan/