Re: [Epiphany] Re: [Usability]Epiphany default toolbar layout

On Sat, 2003-04-19 at 17:39, Dave Bordoley wrote:
> On Sat, 2003-04-19 at 05:17, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> > I was somewhat surprised that Epiphany didn't have the bookmark toolbar
> > turned on by default (with useful links in it). For some time, I actually
> > didn't think it had one, because I could not see a way to turn it on (it
> > ends up being just another toolbar you can add with the 'toolbar editor').
> >
> > Even after I turned it on, I couldn't work out how to add dropdown bookmark
> > folders to the bar. I use those very regularly in Galeon.
>
> I have a proposal for this that i need to write down. Currently the only
> way to add items to the toolbar is through DND. This has some usability
> problems beyond just a11y. My current idea is to include a checkbox in
> the context menu of topics in the bme, that when enabled adds the topic
> to the bm toolbar.

I agree with this - it essentially takes us back to the behaviour of
galeon where you put the bookmarks you wanted into a particular folder,
and made the folder into a toolbar. That worked well. All we have to do
in epiphany is s/folder/topic and we have a good working solution (That
incidentally is better than galeon's since we can have bookmarks in
multiple topics whereas you can't have bookmarks in multiple folders in
galeon [Apart from by using aliases which really is overkill IMHO)

However, so far I've only seen reference to "a bm toolbar" rather than
"your bm toolbars". I'd like to see the ability to edit a topic and pick
"Display as toolbar" and get a whole new toolbar appear. I don't think
restricting things to 1 toolbar is necessary ..

Lee
--
Lee Willis <lwillis lwillis plus com>