Re: [Epiphany] Re: [Usability]Epiphany default toolbar layout

On Sat, 2003-04-19 at 11:17, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> <quote who="Marco Pesenti Gritti">
>
> > >From my very limited experience (I'm sure someone on the usability list
> > could be a lot more helpful on this) commonly used toolbar items are:
> >
> > - Back, Forward, Reload, Location (grouped with the Go button).
>
> I was somewhat surprised that Epiphany didn't have the bookmark toolbar
> turned on by default (with useful links in it). For some time, I actually
> didn't think it had one, because I could not see a way to turn it on (it
> ends up being just another toolbar you can add with the 'toolbar editor').

Damn I forgot this issue when posting the mail. I think we need to have
a default bookmarks toolbar if we want people to find that
functionality. Not sure how this would work with Dave proposal though
... 3 toolbars seem a bit too much ;)

> Even after I turned it on, I couldn't work out how to add dropdown bookmark
> folders to the bar. I use those very regularly in Galeon.

Assuming you have a recent version you can drag folders on the
toolbars...
Drag and drop alone is prolly not obvious (and not accessible). It's
definately something we need to improve.

> > I'll add two open questions:
> >
> > - Is the Home button used/useful ? I have not seen many person to use
> > it.
>
> Definitely. I find that my non-technical friends and family use it as a kind
> of panic button. When they're lost or restarting their thought processes
> (sitting down to browse), they hit the home button to 'start afresh'. Often
> they have it set to a major news site, portal, or Google.

Sounds like a good point.

Thank you

Marco