[Usability]Re: Toolbar issue esthetics.

On Thu, 2003-04-17 at 20:32, Rodney Dawes wrote:
> You did something wrong. Presumably you simply applied the patch that is
> listed in the comment, and didn't change the GtkToolbar::shadow-type
> style property to be GTK_SHADOW_NONE by default. The patch for gtk+ that
> is listed as an attachment in bugzilla gets rid of the inner bevel
> entirely, and setting the GtkToolbar::shadow-type to GTK_SHADOW_NONE in
> your gtk/gtktoolbar.c or in your gtkrc, will cause the inner bevel to
> disappear. The inner bevel is the current behaviour of GtkToolbar, and
> the second patch in that bug ONLY fixes the issue of having the
> bottom/right edges of that bevel draw in the wrong places.

I see.

I must have made a mistake then and will try this again in some minutes.
It's really necessary that these patches makes their way into CVS
somehow to solve at least some of the esthetic issues. The problem I had
was various reports of this where a lot of crossed links to other bugs
and attachments came up it's no wonder that I have missed something.

Please accept my appologzies.