Re: [Usability]Killing views [Was: Dealing with files in Gnome]

On Wed, 2003-04-02 at 01:29, Jeff Waugh wrote:

> An good alternative is to build the preview application, discussed
> previously in regards to gpdf/ggv/eog, and use it for all Nautilus per-file
> view use. The Abiword preview component could sit nicely it, etc. This app
> could also provide a plug-in to the next-gen file selector to show previews
> for every file type it knows about.

Funnily enough, Windows used to have a little preview app pretty much
like this (although it only really worked for images, plain text and
Office docs), but it doesn't seem to exist any more.  Would be
interesting to find out why they took it out, in XP you only have the
choice of a thumbnail or opening the full app, as far as I can see.
Maybe I'm just missing something...

Cheeri,
Calum.