Re: [Usability]Feedbacks on GNOME 2 panel from Mdk 9.0 beta test

The first thing I did with gnome2 was try to drag the menu panel
away to the bottom of the screen, and set it to auto-hide; a laptop
screen doesn't have enough pixles to waste with fixed decorations,
for me at least.

I ended up deleting that menu thingy and never did get all of the icons
back that it had on it.

On Mon, 2002-09-16 at 12:05, MM wrote:
> I think it is better to describe it as
> 			 Panel preferences
> edge panel becomes ----> snap panel to window border
> floating panel     ----> uncheck snap panel to window border.
> sliding panel      ----> uncheck use entire desktop width

I agree a lot here.  Actually I thought "floating panel" meant
"always on top of other windows", but your interpretation is
more likely to be correct.

You shouldn't have to delete a panl/menubar to change its type, but
when I asked in #gnome, that was the consensus -- "it's just broken
as designed".  I know a lot of people like the menubar, I'm not
saying get rid of it, but it should be possible to drag it
around to other places on the screen, and to change its type easily.

Liam

Ankh: irc.sorcery.net www.valinor.sorcery.net irc.gnome.org www.advogato.org
Author, Open Source XML Database Toolkit, Wiley August 2000
Co-author: The XML Specification Guide, Wiley 1999; Mastering XML, Sybex 2001