Re: [Usability]recent documents in panel

<quote who="Adam D. Lopresto">

> > http://snorp.coreyo.net/files/Screenshots/panel-recent-apps.png
>
> I really like the idea, but I'm worried that the wording is a bit
> confusing.  The difference between "Open Recent" and "Launch Recent"
> doesn't seem sufficiently clear.  Personally, I'd much prefer "Recent
> Documents" and "Recent Applications", but I understand that that violates
> the HIG's imperative verb style.  Maybe something like "Re-run
> Application" and "Re-open Document".
>
> (Also, which should come first?  I think the document menu would be used
> much more, but the other "feels" more right, so it's a toss up)

Note that if the recent applications list were on the Applications menu,
both of these points would be moot. :-)

I also think that a first class Documents menu would be appropriate, perhaps
with other useful tidbits. An entry for your Saved Stuff directory ("My
Documents"... ugh), a new documents list, like... "New > Webpage", etc.
Recent documents would fit in well there.

- Jeff

--
  If Perl is gaffer, and Python is Magic Tape, then Ruby is self-adhesive
                                plate gold.