Re: [Usability]Desktop Backgrounds

> <quote who="Andrew Pickin">

Ooh, a Logibod... I used to be one of those :)

> However since Sawmill would appear now to be the de facto
> window manager (I say this only since it's distributed by
> Ximian and Sun)

Not for much longer, at least not for GNOME 2.0... most of the main
distros are moving towards metacity as the default window manager these
days.  (It's the only one Sun will be shipping/supporting, in fact).

On Fri, 2002-09-13 at 14:22, Jeff Waugh wrote:

> Not sure too many people would see this as a 'requirement', especially for
> usability or accessibility. :-)

Well, I can't think of any accessibility-only benefits off-hand, but it
probably would offer some usability advantages... it's easier to tell
what workspace you're currently working in and navigate between them if
they all have different backgrounds.

Of course from Sun's point of view it's also a regression from CDE :)

Cheeri,
Calum.