Re: [Usability]Ellipses ("...") in menu items

On Mon, 2002-09-02 at 13:28, Calum Benson wrote:
> On Sun, 2002-09-01 at 15:37, Yanko Kaneti wrote:
>
> > Please notice the tilt in the parenthesis.
> > I believe most people, especially the ones coming from windows land
> > would rather expect _that_ information from the ellipses.
>
> The HIG's recommendation on ellipses is identical to Windows
> recommendations (and everyone else's, AFAIR)... see the section headed
> "Ellipses" at:
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnwue/html/ch14a.asp

Well, not everyone's else. Apple has a different take on it, see
http://developer.apple.com/techpubs/macosx/Essentials/AquaHIGuidelines/AHIGMenus/index.html

And their approach has a firmer base on reality. I based my rewording
somewhat on it.

Regards,

David.