Re: [Usability]Pointer shape in terminals

Tony Houghton <gnome realh co uk> writes:
> Am I right in thinking that X provides a number of preset cursor shapes
> and Gnome currently just uses these - at least for the I-beam? I fancy
> modifying it for myself until the themes etc get implemented. How would
> I go about doing this?

Essentially you would modify the cursor font.
GNOME already contains some modified fonts such as
prefix/share/gnome/cursor-fonts/cursor-large.pcf

However I don't know how one edits the pcf file. Maybe google would
turn something up.

Once you modify it, you put it in your font path in front of the
default cursor font. The font has to be named 'cursor'

Havoc