Re: [Usability]Re: All animations should be disableable

On Fri, 2002-10-18 at 15:58, Ray Strode wrote:

> Often people with slow displays or underpowered hardware choose
> fast/light themes (for instance non-pixmap based Gtk+ themes).
> So maybe it would be a good idea to tie animation to the current metacity
> theme.
>
> Animations seem to serve two purposes: usability (feedback) and asthetics.
> Both of these purposes also seem to be the main two reasons of themability.
>
> --Ray Strode

I like being able to have pixmap themes. My hardware isn't
underpowered.  However, I have NEVER cared for animations.  I agree with
the idea of having a gconf key that one can turn off animations with.

While I hate to take choice away, if animation must be on or off in
code, not by configuration, take it away.  I doesn't add much imo.

Trever