[Usability]Re: [Gcm-devel] Applet for Clipboard Manager

On Fri, 2002-10-18 at 00:30, Philip Van Hoof wrote:

> I got the PanelApplet working. Read : I made a PanelApplet with libgcm
> support that shows a label in the Gnome2 panel with the text "test" :-)

> In human language this means that the Clipboard Manager applet will be
> finished very soon.

It is a bit crashy from time to times but I have something working.

export CVSROOT=':pserver:anonymous cvs gcm sf net:/cvsroot/gcm'
cvs login
cvs -z3 co -P gcm-2 gcmapplet libgcmtest

First install gcm-2. This will install

 * gcm        : The Clipboard Manager (Deamon)
 * gcmui      : A tool to launch the UserInterface of gcm

  in /usr/local/bin

Then install libgcmtest. This will install

 * libgcmtest : A tool to test all capabilities of libgcm

  in /usr/local/bin

Then install gcmapplet. This will install

 * gcmapplet  : A very simple PanelApplet that implements
                some of the capabilities of libgcm.

  in /usr/local/lib/libexec I think ... Use the menu of the
  Panel. After make install you should have an item called
  "Clipboard Manager" in the "Utilities" menu

Required :

GTK_REQUIRED=1.3.1
LIBGNOMEUI_REQUIRED=1.96.0
GCONF_REQUIRED=1.0.8
LIBXML_REQUIRED=2.0
LIBPANEL_REQUIRED=1.4.0
LIBGTKHTML_REQUIRED=2.0
LIBPANEL_REQUIRED=1.4.0
LIBGCM_REQUIRED=2.0.2

LIBGCM will be installed when you compile and install gcm-2 (only the
current CVS version. 'Not' the 2.0.1 release. And no there is not a
release with libgcm available yet)

After you compiled and installed gcm-2 it is possible that you have
start ldconfig and maybe move the libgcm* files from /usr/local/lib/ to
/usr/lib (depends on your distro and ldconfig, for example : On my
Debian it worked and on my Mandrake 9.0 it did not worked until I moved
those files. Probably some automake bug that I made :-\)

Installating of all these packages :

./autogen.sh && make && make install

Running :

gcm&
gcmui
Add applet in the gnome-panel -> Utilities -> Clipboard Manager

Testing :

libgcmtest

--
Philip van Hoof aka freax (http://www.freax.eu.org)
irc: irc.openprojects.net mailto:me at freax dot org