Re: [Usability]rhythmbox interface

Jorn Baayen wrote:
Hi,

On Fri, 2002-11-22 at 13:18, Roberto Rosselli Del Turco wrote:

- navigation tools, audio control and search field should belong to the
same toolbar;

I disagree about the search field; it's related to the view, so it
should be close to it, and not in a toolbar 'far away' :).

I wouldn't say the main toolbar 'far away', but I see your point.

- song played and song progress slider should be on the same ideal line (/toolbar);

I'm not sure what you mean here.

Looking at the screenshots, I see three rows:

* playback controls + volume control
* title of song played and other infos (under the title)
* progress bar of song being played + search tool

As there is a lot of empty, and thence wasted, space I proposed to compact things a bit with only two rows, i.e. the main toolbar and the song info + progress bar row.

Can't you hide all playback controls while in playlist organizing view, and pop them up (at the same time hiding all organizing info) when in playback view?

Nope, since you still want to see whether rb is playing or not. If all
that stuff were hidden, you couldn't tell.

Now it's my turn not understanding, if the song info + progress bar is present isn't that enough to know if rb is playing or not? (apart from sound eventually coming out from your speakers :)

Anyway the point is moot, as changing interface could be confusing for the user, so not really a good idea.

Hmmm... the idea of a complete music solution for GNOME was quite appealing, why remove CD and Internet radio support?

Well, they will probably require view-like stuff, which is rather bad in
my opinion (changing interface on switch, etc). I'm not opposed to it
though, if a clean way to integrate them can be found.

Keep up the good work :)

Ciao

--
Roberto Rosselli Del Turco      e-mail:	rosselli cisi unito it
Dipartimento di Scienze			rosselli ling unipi it

  Hige sceal the heardra,     heorte the cenre,
  mod sceal the mare,       the ure maegen litlath.  (Maldon 312-3)