Re: [Usability]Some UI review bugs filed

Hi Glynn,

On 18 Nov 2002, Glynn Foster wrote:

> We just have to decide which is more desireable -
>
> 		o gman's Home
> 		o Home Folder

A better solution of course, is to have $HOME be the Desktop by default
and be done with it.

Furthermore, from l10n perspective, I can tell you: neither is desirable.
If I take Dutch as an example, the translation team eventually went for
'persoonlijke map' (lit. 'personal folder') because the association value
of the home directory with the building you live in just is very small.
[This also means the icon used for home is bad, l10n-wise. I'd rather see
the gdm-user photo there, for instance.]

regards,

--

Reinout van Schouwen			Artificial Intelligence student
email: reinout cs vu nl			mobile phone: +31-6-44360778