Re: [Usability]Re: UI Review Suggestions - Panel

On Sun, 2002-11-17 at 17:02, Bastien Nocera wrote:
> > 	- Home Folder appears as <username>'s Folder on the desktop background
> > 	  	- we should be consistant
> > 	- Network Servers looks out of place
>
> Why does "Network Servers" look out of place, and where do you think it
> would be better suited to appear ?
>
> Frankly, I think this is the best place for it there, that's why it's
> there in the first place.

Well for one its not an application, its a folder. (Yes i think that
having home folder in the applications menu is bad as well). A better
place to put this would be in the nautilus go menu or as a default
desktop folder like start-here (this is my preference actually).

Another odd thing about the network folder is that it is possible to
actually delete the "add network location" icon from the folder making
it impossible to add a new network location to the folder and there is
no obvious way to get it back.

dave