Re: [Usability]gnome-file-dialog UI updated

> http://home.wanadoo.nl/sbm/

I guess the "Open file" label inside the "Save File" dialog is a silly
mistake, isn't it? It has also an "Open" button... actually, I can't
find the difference besides the dialog titlebar.

Some stuff in the dialog doesn't seem clear to me:

* The File Type combo, is a filter to show only some kind of files? or
it's a filter in open, and a file format selector for save. Perhaps it
should be labeled different in each one (File type shown) (Save as type)

* What is the little square besides the "Folders" Column? It looks like
a checkbox, but I can't imagine what is it for

* how do I move between directories? Doubleclicking in the filelist? how
do I know which directory i am in?

* what does the PDF icon means at the top right of the dialog?

I like the dialog, and I like the bookmarks idea... I just wondered if
the bookmarks will be global or application local. local would be
confusing, but perhaps more usful oince you get used to it (I use mostly
different directories for different kind of files a lot of time, so I
wouldn't want to have /usr/share/pixmaps for anything but gimp)

	Daniel

--
In a world that is Free and Open, who needs Windows and Gates?