[Usability]Middle mouse button in galeon

Hi,

While trying to figure out if we could have gestures enabled by default
in galeon, it seems likely that gestures are impossible to implement
without breaking something in the process.

For gestures to function properly, we need to delay the 'clicked' action
to be performed on mouse-up event instead of mouse-down.  With right
mouse button this would mean activating an item from the context menu
requires two clicks instead of one.  That effectively rules it out from
being the default.

However, with the middle mouse button there is no context menu to show,
so it wouldn't be that much of a problem.  Enabling gestures would only
delay opening links in new tab/window, but Mozilla also seems to handle
middle-clicks on mouse-up, so they would be similar.  Uses of middle
mouse button in Gnome seem to be mostly limited to pasting text (on
mouse-down) which isn't much of an example to follow.

My question is, would it be a reasonable default for galeon to use
middle mouse button for gestures and have it enabled by default?
Gestures are rather powerful feature and it would be nice to have them
also enabled in the default settings.

--
Tommi Komulainen                                 tommi komulainen iki fi
GPG 1024D/68388EE6    6FD6 DD79 EB38 BF6F 3533  09C0 04A8 9871 6838 8EE6