So how about that GNOME 2.2 interface [was Re: [Usability]A Challenge: Describe the GNOME 4.0 interface.]

Given that we're currently in a supposed UI review phase, and given that
at least some of the people on this list are going to scream /after/ the
UI freeze about something in the GNOME 2.2 UI, and given that the
usability team has so far done exactly jack shit for 2.2 (at least
publicly) I'd really appreciate people spending some time talking about
GNOME 2.2 instead of GNOME 4.0.

I know this comes across as a touch bitter, and it is- I fought very
hard to ensure that the UI team had it's very own time where developers
could do nothing and the UI team would have a basically unopposed time
to tune the UI. Given that this time is currently being squandered, and
given that developers wanted to use this month to add more features, at
this rate I'm going to have a very tough time justifying scheduling it
in in the future.

I'm not asking for even full-blown UI reviews in IRC here- I know some
of the key people behind that are incredibly busy with work-related
stuff right now, and so they may be tough to pull off. But even just
people saying 'I'll do an HIG review of new application X, who wants to
do application Y' would be a huge start and a big help for many of our
new applications, like file-roller and galeon, or some of our
prospective apps like rhythmbox or gnome-meeting. And it would take a
very small amount of time for some of you.

Anyway... I'm done venting. You've been given an opportunity. Seize it
or it likely won't be around in the future.
Luis