Re: [Usability]HIG proposal - "(Modified)"

Janne Morén <jan moren lucs lu se> said:

> Won't that need to be supported at the WM level? And won't it then
> require 'locking in' to one WM only - generating somewhat justified
> howls of outrage among a fairly large segment of users?

1. Yes...

2. No, we can either extend the spec (definately preferable) to support this
is either by default or as an option, or we can do this through a gnome
extension (if we feel that the feature is important enough) that is only
available when using the gnome wm. Using other wm's wouldn't provide the
feature, but oh well thats the user's choice.

This is pie in the sky though right now :)

dave