[Usability]Re: toolbar issues

On Mon, 2002-05-20 at 11:28, Michael Meeks wrote:
> Hi Jorn,
>
> On Sun, 2002-05-19 at 14:43, Jorn Baayen wrote:
> > Also it has a lot of
> > implementation problems, like bonoboui not really supporting rightclick
> > stuff on toolbar buttons and stuff like that.
>
> 	Can you expand on that ?

Sure. If you write some xml file for a toolbar, you can define a verb,
alright. So you get the normal click action. But if you want to bind it
to a popup menu you need to or get the widget from the xml file, add a
popup menu signal (i couldnt get this one to work), or make the widget
in the code, which requires a lots of extra boilerplate stuff and you
get problems with the toolbar style.

> > Also it would be nice if
> > some of the buttons had priority. (ie text beside icons, if requested in
> > the toolbar capplet). I can do a patch for this stuff as well, if there
> > is interest.
>
> 	The priority text thing is pretty easy to do; simply add a
> 'both_horiz="1"' tag to each menu item that you think is sufficiently
> interesting / obscure to merit text beside it in priority text mode [
> changed from the text="1" flag; sorry.

I added priority="1" to all the toolbar items that require priority, is
that OK too? seems to work :)

Cheers
Jorn