Re: [Usability]Shortcut in context menus

dave bordoley wrote:

> Question: What is the hig's position on including shortcut keys in the
> context menus. specifically there is a feature request in nautilus to
> include shortcuts in the context menus, and I'm wondering how it should
> be handled. I'm leaning towards won't fix since most other gnome apps
> don't seem to include them. thanks

Shortcuts as in "Ctrl+C" for Copy etc.?  I don't think we explicitly
state it (yet), but no, I wouldn't put those on context menus.  Context
menus should be as quick to scan and navigate as possible, and adding
extra information like shortcut keys could compromise that IMHO.
(Although there is a possible educational benefit I guess).

Cheeri,
Calum.