[Usability]Re: The whole panel focus/keynav thing

> 1) The panel background will no longer be focusable, except when there
> are no objects on it.  Instead, focusing a panel will always give focus
> to an object *on* the panel.

I'm fine with this but want to add one thing to the situation that would
help a lot.  It is my understanding that Gnome2 makes it easy to merge
menus together - wouldn't it be good to have every applet automatically
merge in the panel menu too ? Right now I keep the "hide" buttons on my
panel around just in case I want to make changes to the panel.

> 3) To pop up the panel right-click menu, instead of focusing the panel
> background (which won't be possible any more) and pressing Shift-F10,
> there will be an additional keyboard shortcut available, probably
> something like Ctrl-F10 or Alt-F10, that pops up the panel menu when any
> object on the panel has focus.  (Or when the panel background has focus,
> if the panel is empty).

And this one could then also be done without taking an extra key
combination away from apps ;) if an object on the panel is focused, just
make it pop up a menu with the general panel menu merged in at the bottom
with a line between them.

Just my five dollars, shoot me if this has been gone over already ;)

Thomas

I hit him around a lot.
For Spike, that's like third base ...
<-*- thomas apestaart org -*->