[Usability]Re: GnomeHRef link in - libgnomeui ...

Deepa Natarajan wrote:

Hi,

This is regarding the gnome-about application. With reference to the
GnomeHref in libgnomeui.
I was trying to change the color of link in GnomeHRef. But it doesn't
seem to work. Here is a part of the gtkrc file
style "Gnome_HRef_Label_style"
{
 fg[NORMAL] = { 0.9, 0.4, 0.0 } # RED
 fg[PRELIGHT] = { 0.9, 0.4, 0.0 }
 fg[INSENSITIVE] = { 0.9, 0.4, 0.0 }
fg[ACTIVE] = { 0.9, 0.4, 0.0 } }

i tried a) class "GnomeHRef.GtkLabel" style "Gnome_HRef_Label_style" - this did
not work
b) class "GtkLabel" style "Gnome_HRef_Label_style" - This sets the color
of the label in the GtkButton i.e. for the OK button. But the same did
not work for label in GnomeHRef.

Also i noticed that while creating a GnomeHRef button in libgnomeui, the
color of the link is set to blue.
I am not sure if something is wrong with my gtkrc file or if this is
hard coded in libgnomeui.

Would appreciate your help.

This question should probably have gone to gnome-libs-devel list instead -- it isn't related to development of GTK+ itself.

You need to set a style property that applies to GnomeHRef objects to set the link colour (this is how Anders asked me to implement it). For instance:
 style "hrefs" {
   GnomeHRef::link_colour = "red"
 }
 class "GnomeHRef" style "hrefs"