Re: [Usability]Locking A Consistent Theme

Mike McKee wrote:

>Not that themes are not good, but it would be nice to know that a network admin
>could configure a set of perhaps 1-5 standard themes that a user is allowed to
>switch.
>
> Another plus would be the ability for a net admin to switch all employee themes out /en masse/ over a weekend without having to walk around to each workstation.

This is exactly the setup many of our (Sun's) customers will require
too.  GConf can already handle most of what's needed behind the scenes,
AFAIK.  It probably just needs somebody to write some nice front ends
for it to make the job easier, rather than having to poke around in the
gconf database manually.

It also needs application/capplet writers to start checking the
'changeability' of every option in their prefs dialogs before displaying
them, which I bet they don't do now  :)

Cheeri,
Calum.