Re: [Usability]Window titles and WM_* properties

Gregory Merchan <merchan baton phys lsu edu> writes:
> As for WM authors: AFAIK, there may be only 2 that have written ICCCM 2.0
> compliant window managers. Those are the authors of FVWM and MWM.
>
> Metacity, Sawfish, E16, PWM, TWM, KWM, and surely others I've forgotten
> were checked a few weeks ago and all failed a simple test because they don't
> manage WM_Sn.

Everyone who doesn't handle WM_Sn knows it full well and simply
doesn't care much. It has nothing to do with reading or not reading
the spec.

> >            . . . - e.g. if the window manager could do
> > "sprintf ("%s - %s", appname, documentname)" or something -
>
> That's a lousy way to name a window, even if Netscape 4.x does so.
> The document name should come first.

Have you ever heard of the concept of an "example"

Anyway, no one is going to use WM_CLASS for this. So it's not worth
arguing.

Havoc