Re: [Usability]Request for help designing UI for layouting commands

ERDI Gergo wrote:

> So, again, we arrive at a lot of possibilities: 2 (spread over window
> size/spread over selection bounding box) * 2 (even spaces/even
> positions) * 2 (horizontal/vertical) == 8 valid options.
>
> Thus, I'm looking for a UI that presents to the user all these
> layouting commands in a way that is both easy to understand and easy
> to use.

You should probably have a look at something like OpenImpress or
PowerPoint -- it provides much the same options for aligning and
distributing shapes on a presentation slide.  So does Visual Studio, for
arranging controls in a Windows dialog box.

I don't have either handy to check exactly how they do it, but I can
investigate later if nobody else gets there first...

Cheeri,
Calum.