Re: [Usability]Galeon 'middle mouse click' opens url in new window/tab

Sat 2002-06-01 at 22.57 Cristian Romanescu wrote:

> I have a suggestion about the Galeon, could be there an option for Gaelon
> to autommatically open URLs in new window when clicked or to set to open
> them in a different tab?

To allways open in a new tab would probably not make sense,
but you can configure Galeon to let a middle-click open links in new
tabs.

Have a look in the settings dialog, under "User interface" / "Tabs".

This applies to normal links in webbpages. If you are talking about
links to webpages that one somtimes find in programs "about"-boxes,
this can be set from the gnome control center:

Choose "Document Handlers" / "URL Handlers" and enter

	galeon --new-tab "%s"

as the command for the http protocol.

	-Jens