Re: [Usability]widget style vs window decoration, (was "cheat to window-manager integration")

--- Daniel Borgmann <daniel liebesgedichte net> wrote:

> > If the menu item is entitled "Controls," then that
> > solves the problem of whether "controls" is a noun
> or
> > a verb, but doesn't give a clue as to what the
> menu
> > item does.
>
> But it would be a tab inside an "Appearance"
> capplet.
> You could as well argue then that a "Window Borders"
> tab inside such a
> capplet wouldn't be clear as well which is not true.

Ah, it's a tab. I missed that part of the discussions.

I have a thought. Why not call the tab "Buttons,
Scrollbars, etc."? That's certainly a short definition
for "widgets." It's descriptive, concrete, and gives
the user a fairly good idea of what's being affected
by the dialog settings.