Re: [Usability]Re: A "cheat" to full window manager integration

--- Josh Hoyt <joshhoyt yahoo com> wrote:

> Isn't a minimal metatheme type thing that only
> works for
> sawfish/metacity theme and gtk theme a cheat to
> quickly get window
> manager integration?

It's not the kind of cheat that I was talking about.
What I was talking about basically involved changing
some GNOME menu items and adding a new dialog, one
rather like the "Metacity Preferences" dialog shown in
the screenshot at
<http://plastercast.tzo.com/~plastercast/Projects/Metacity-Setup-0.6-Screenshot.png>,
but with the section of the dialog entitled
"Functionality" lopped off. The main problem with this
cheat is that it would only work if GNOME2 used
Metacity as its window manager.

IMHO, I don't see why my cheat can't be used as a
short-term solution while a better one was being
coded. The "cheat" itself could be used as a stepping
stone, since the dialog added works by modifying the
values of GConf keys. Change which GConf keys are
being modified from Metacity-specific ones to generic
ones, and the cheat is most of the way morphed into a
proper solution.