Re: [Usability] Head matter [ a timeout from the debating ;) ]

On Mon, 2002-01-28 at 04:45, Calum Benson wrote:

> Check out this site for some interesting screenshots and some
> GUI-related history:
>
> http://209.196.53.130/linebackn/guis/guitimeline.html

GEOS! Man, that takes me back... Hey, has anyone given thought to
having Nautilus (or gnome-vfs) be able to, I don't know, cache
unmounted filesystems or something?

I'm thinking about the old Mac (and GEOS :>) capability to eject
a floppy without unmounting it, to let you copy files between
floppies even if you have only one floppy drive and nowhere to
put the files other than the floppies themselves. Not that this
is a huge need on most modern systems, obviously. :) But there
might still be some analogous situations -- diskless workstations
with USB or FireWire devices attached, maybe network filesystems
using connectionless protocols, that sort of thing.

Could be that it's there but I'm just missing it or not taking
advantage of it.