Re: [Usability] Re: Decision: instant apply window buttons
- From: Tuomas Kuosmanen <tigert ximian com>
- To: Christian Rose <menthos menthos com>
- Cc: merchan baton phys lsu edu, desktop-devel-list gnome org, Usability List <usability gnome org>, GNOME Hackers <gnome-hackers gnome org>, HI Hackers List <hig gnome org>
- Subject: Re: [Usability] Re: Decision: instant apply window buttons
- Date: 22 Jan 2002 09:52:48 +0200
On Mon, 2002-01-21 at 21:42, Christian Rose wrote:
> These are (3), which are not dialogs. They might be left open for any length
For example, Gimp has a lot of small windows (tool options, palette, layers, etc that I keep open all the time) It would make me clicking close buttons all day if I didnt, since I need them most of the time. They are instant-apply too. And they are small, meant to be kept open. So does Photoshop and most of the graphics programs. As well as Staroffice/Openoffice "styles" palette on the word processor.
> of time.
Will that be the typical scenario? Most preference windows are large and
will get in the way if I (as a sighted user) leave them open. I think
it's safe to assume that the typical scenario for a lot of users will be
"open, make changes, dismiss", just like before.
] [Thread Prev