Re: [Usability] Re: Familiarity, Accessibility, and Survival of the Fittest

On Thu, Jan 03, 2002 at 06:14:16PM +0000, Bill Haneman wrote:
<snip>

> I disagree, in that all of the above UIs can be used to create
> instant-apply interfaces using selectors/valuators/sliders etc.  And as
> for text widgets, any widget capable of doing automatic completion could
> be used for "instant apply".

I think what is meant by instant-apply is unclear. We're not talking about
feedback, direct manipulation, or responsiveness of controls.

Instant-apply means that controls behave as they ordinarily should and
that a number of controls, which when shown in a typical OK/Cancel dialog
would affect nothing else until OK is clicked, will affect other things.

If this is already your understanding of what is meant by instant-apply,
then I apologize for I've misunderstood you.

<snip>

> ------
> Bill Haneman x19279
> Gnome Accessibility / Batik SVG Toolkit