Re: [Usability] About Shift|Ctrl+Ins|Del

Daniel F Moisset wrote:

> Perhaps all this is only wierdness in the way I use the keyboard, but I
> think it deserves a little research before dumping the
> Shift|Ctrl+Ins|Del shortcuts away. In my opinion both of them should
> stay, in the windows way.

I think there have been enough posts on this to convince me that perhaps
we can't dismiss Shift-Ins and friends quite as readily as I had hoped
:)

Having said that, if we want to support it, it's really something that
ought to be raised with the toolkit maintainers.  If we just write in
the guidelines "you might also want to consider supporting Shift-Ins",
most apps probably won't bother, and there may be subtle differences
between the ones that do.  So I still don't think it's something we
should write about in the guidelines unless or until the toolkit
supports it.  (And that goes for pretty much everything else that's in
the guidelines, too).

If the toolkit maintainers don't want to support it, then I'm assuming
that with the new keyboard theming stuff that Owen was/is working on, it
wouldn't be hard to implement a theme that used Shift-Ins etc. instead
of Ctrl+C/V/X.

Cheeri,
Calum.