Re: [Usability] GDP CSS

Nicholas Curran wrote:

> Could someone from usability or accessibility please supply me with a
> list of alternate stylesheets that should be made to assist those with
> difficulties.  I will also need to be told what colours, fonts, etc
> should be used.  Note that the main CSS at the moment does not even
> touch the fonts.

Bill Haneman would probably be the best person to advise on this from
the accessibility side, unfortunately he's out of the office for a
couple of weeks  :/

If he were here, I suspect he'd say the minimum requirement is to have
any combination of big fonts, regular fonts, high contrast and low
contrast.  Exactly what size constitutes 'big' and what colours would be
good for 'low contrast' I couldn't say.  Black on white (and only black
on white, no coloured links or shaded panels) is presumably adequate for
high contrast.

He'd also probably argue that the default font size, colour and
background colour for the help browser should ideally just be read from
the gtk theme, so that everything would just work wonderfully without
having to hard-code things into stylesheets and have the user choose one
:)

> CSS also has features for use with text to speech tools, which alter
> voice tone etc (aural tags).  If someone from accessibility would help
> me, I could work on using the CSS to make it better for people who need
> to use text to speech tools to "read" the documentation.

Marc Mulcahy at Sun might be able to offer some advice here, he's done
some work on the gnome-speech module in CVS.

Cheeri,
Calum.