Re: [Usability] label alignments

mån 2002-02-11 klockan 20.57 skrev Liam Quin:
[..]
> (2) align things wherever it makes sense to do so
>
>     the human eye is *very* good at detecting misalignment; an error of
>     under 0.1m can easily be spotted, at least subconsciously.

I assume you meant 0.1mm ;-)

[...]
> If you want your program to look slick and professional, and to be
> easy to use, you will almost always want the right-aligned labels.
>
> And to be consistent, you should do this evreywhere, because the even
> treatment contributes to the invisiblity of the typographic mechanisms
> and allows the readre (the user) to concentrate on the information.

I agree with everything you say in here. In fact, I had a lecture today
about visual presentation of interfaces and a lot was discussed about
alignment and bad and better examples, and almost all points you mention
here was mentioned, including the references to typography. :)
It was quite amusing to come home and see this thread about the exact
same thing.

So, in short, I vote for right-aligned labels.

Christian