Re: [Usability] Suggestion from LT
- From: Jeff Waugh <jdub perkypants org>
- To: jacob berkman <jacob ximian com>
- Cc: John Fleck <jfleck inkstain net>, usability gnome org
- Subject: Re: [Usability] Suggestion from LT
- Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2002 10:15:32 +1100
<quote who="jacob berkman">
> > Most maintainers should have received patches for man files from the Debian
> > developer/packager of their software. Before you write one, make sure you've
> > checked with them, because it's part of Debian policy to provide a man page
> > for every binary.
> i've never gotten a patch from then for any man pages.
Christian Marillat has done a bunch, the gnome-utils packager did some, etc.
bug-buddy has one already - which of your other packages would you expect to
see a man page for?
Regardless, it's a very worthwhile resource that we'd be fools not to take
"Anyway - I need something more James Bond than Banana Man, if you know
what I mean..." - Tom Gilbert
] [Thread Prev