Re: [Usability]Re: GNOME personas

On Mon, 2002-12-23 at 07:32, Calum Benson wrote:
> On Mon, 2002-12-23 at 13:06, Murray Cumming wrote:
>
> > I guess this is a bit like an "actor" in UML-speak. Without even reading
> > the book it seems obviously useful.
>
> The hard part, of course, is deciding who GNOME's target audience is (or
> who we want it to be), which is something we've never agreed upon enough
> to write it down, so far... so even coming to some consensus on that
> would be well worthwhile.

Without having read the book yet, and therefore at risk of
misinterpreting what we're talking about, it seems that the benefit of
this approach is that it allows us to think about "target audiences"
(plural) and "who we want *them* to be".

Cheers,
John
--
John Fleck
http://www.inkstain.net http://www.abqjournal.com

"Sometimes, a diner is all about the mac and cheese."
  - Zippy the Pinhead