Re: [Usability]Menu Panel

On Fri, Dec 13, 2002 at 12:02:13AM -0500, Rich Baumann wrote:

> 	Is there a gconf key I can change to move the menu panel to the bottom?
> If not, is there any chance of getting one?

Is the whole motivation the bug you mention below? If so, a key
doesn't make much sense. "Fix my bug please" gconf keys are a bit
silly, one could spend time fixing the bug instead of adding a key so
users can fix it themselves.

>  It's hardly "usable" when
> mozilla pop-up windows get stuck underneath it (is/was this a known bug?
> ... I last updated gnome 2 about a month after the first release).

I haven't seen or heard of a window getting stuck under the menu panel
with metacity in a pretty long time. But if you're using another WM or
an old panel/metacity it's possible.

> BTW, is there a list somewhere of gconf keys and what they do?

There are docs on each key stored in gconf itself - browse around in
gconf-editor. (Well, modulo a bug that hides docs on keys you've
customized - I need to fix that.)

Havoc