Re: [Usability]ui-review checklist

On Sat, 2002-12-07 at 03:00, Gregory Merchan wrote:
> > It looks like we need a GtkFrame bug to change the default.
> We have one calling for a new widget:

I see no need for a new widget. I have changed the title of that bug and
added some comments.

> > I don't understand the reference to "label only containing 4 spaces".
> > Where does the HIG recommend this?
> It's in "Technical Details for Proper Layout":
>     o In the left column, place a label containing four space characters.
>       This will serve to indent the category contents.

This is madness. The HIG shouldn't be telling people to do stuff that
will then look awful when GTK+ is fixed to comply with the HIG.

I think we need to change the HIG immediately to say "This layout can
not be achieved easily with GtkFrame now, but GtkFrame will be modified
in a later version to implement it automatically. In anticipation of
that, please do not make any special effort to implement this layout

> > Also, I don't see any accessibility problem - the frame is still there.
> As you'll see in the same section, the GtkFrame isn't. At the moment, the
> HIG recommends a lousy kluge.

Again, madness. People should use GtkFrame.

Murray Cumming
murray usa net