[Usability]short-run nautilus improvements

These are changes I'd make to Nautilus in the short run. I'm looking at
version 2.0.7, so some of these may not apply.

There are other things I'd change in the long run, but I'm trying to
keep this down to "ui-review"-type changes.

General
-------
 - Selections in folder views should follow the Gtk+ 2.x convention of
   changing the highlight color according to focus. Without this there
   is no way to discern whether the desktop is focussed.
 - Get rid of the "Switch to Manual Layout?" alert.
 - The default window size is very large. If possible, make the defualt
   size smaller depending on whether the side pane, toolbar, location bar,
   and status bar are shown by default. When they're all off, about 400x270
   is pretty good. Maybe something based on the number of items would be
   better. (I doubt this is a short run change, but I've included it in
   case I'm mistaken.)

Desktop context menu
--------------------
 - Provide access via Shift+F10 when no items are selected. It is now only
   accessible via Ctrl+F10. (I made a lucky guess to discover that.)
 - "New Window"   should be "Open Home Folder",
 - "New Terminal" should be "Open Command Shell",
 - Remove "Clean Up by Name" and use the "Arrange Items" submenu of the
   folder context menu.
 - Remove "Disks", perhaps adding "Open Floppy Disk" and "Open CD-ROM"
   until this can be better done.
 - Remove "Use Default Background"
 - Remove "Change Desktop Background"
 - Add "Properties" which should provide access to at least the
   background changer.

Folder context menu
-------------------
 - Remove "New Window"
 - Remove "Use Default Background"
 - Add "Properties" or "Folder Properties" for access to folder properties.

File context menu
-----------------
 - Show this menu to the immediate right of the last selected item
   regardless of cursor position.
 - Remove "Open in This Window"/"Open in New Window"
 - Place the default "Open" action at the top of the "Open With" menu,
   This gives the user a way to know what it is.
 - Remove "Remove Custom Icon". This is provided in the Properties view.

File menu
---------
 - Remove "New Window"
 - Remove "Open in This Window"/"Open in New Window"
 - Change "Properties" shortcut to Alt+Enter (Like MS Windows)
 - Remove "Close All Windows"
 - Change "Close Window" to "Close Folder" or just "Close"
 - Put these items back here:
      Duplicate
      Make Link
      Rename...
      Move to Trash
   (This was IMO an ill-advised change. Both Windows and MacOS keep such
    things on the File menu.)
 - Remove "Empty Trash" when the trash is not in view.

Edit menu
---------
 - Remove these to the File menu:
      Duplicate
      Make Link
      Rename...
      Move to Trash
 - Remove "Remove Custom Icon". This is provided in the Properties view.
 - Remove icon stretching items or move them to the File menu.
 - If "Background and Emblems" can be a special folder or somewhere else
   in the desktop, move it there.
 - Remove "Preferences" to the control center.

View menu
---------
  No changes for now.

Go menu
-------
  No changes for now.

Bookmarks menu
--------------
  Remove this menu.

Help menu
---------
  This is probably a better place for things like "About GNOME" than
  the panels. It might be good to provide the GNOME User's Guide here too.

Toolbar
-------
  - Remove the throbber.
  - Place the Zoom control here.
  - Place the View As control here.

Location bar
------------
  - Make the spacings HIG compliant.
  - Remove zoom control to the toolbar.
  - Remove View As control to the toolbar.

Statusbar
---------
  - Show total item count of when no items are selected.
  - Show progress here.

Side Pane
---------
  No changes now.

Preferences
  I understand there are many changes in CVS, so I won't bother.

Backgrounds and Emblems
 - Make these special folders or global utilities.

Cheers,
Greg Merchan