Re: [Usability]User Managment

On Mon, 2002-08-19 at 00:04, David Lazaro wrote:
> I suppose that you are aware that on Red Hat systems GNOME uses a built
> in service that pop ups a dialog to introduce the root password to
> perform administrative tasks. It is a very convenient feature; it is in
> fact *the* feature that made me switch from my old distribution (this
> would not be disclosed in order that no one gets hurt :P ).

Actually I wasn't. :) This sounds very interesting. From the discussion
between Bastian and Havoc PAM seems to be the important thing. Does it
also work during a process or only to launch applications with root
access? For example when I use Nautilus as a user and then try to delete
my /usr dir ;) will it ask me for the password and then do it? If it can
do this, it works already much better than I thought.

- Daniel