Re: [Usability]toolbar icons/text

On Tue, 2002-08-06 at 23:56, snickell stanford edu wrote:
> I agree with Nils that we shouldn't have "text off".
>
> But... wrt to priority-text vs. text+icons, I see some definite
> advantages to priority-text, for new users and more experienced users.

I'm all for priority text (and use it for all my applications) for the
same reasons you mentioned (makes important icons easier to spot and
click, also simply looks better and takes less space), but please add
some padding to the right of the text. Atm the text is pretty much
"glued" to the right of the button when it's highlighted.
I always wanted to say this but thought it would be too unimportant for
a bugreport. =)

- Daniel