Re: [Usability]Re: Nautilus tree sidebar / location field

On Fri, 2002-08-02 at 19:03, Tuomas Kuosmanen wrote:
> That I understand. Hiding it makes things cleaner, but removing it would
> just make it very hard to jump to a very "far-away" path. Browsing from
> /home/tigert/my_very/long/path/that/contains/the/files up first to root
> level and then to some dir takes a lot of clicks :-/

Isn't this rather a pro-treeview argument? A nice and well working
treeview could probably make the locationbar more or less obsolete IMO.

> Then on the other hand, Windows doesnt hide the location bar either. And
> I dont use windows explorer as the web browser, even though I can. And
> people can browse the web with nautilus if they want, using the galeon
> view.

Yeah... Windows has a very small toolbar for the locationbar though (you
see, the large location bar padding is my personal pet peeve =)).

- Daniel