Re: [Usability]Nautilus tree sidebar / location field

Hello Sunnanvind,

On 1 Aug 2002, Sunnanvind Fenderson wrote:

> That's all very nice but I argue that a present location field allows
> a nice transition path from web to cli. "Everyone" knows how to use a
> browser, right? A location field makes typing paths very obvious.

1. Why is a transition path from web to CLI desirable?
2. You'd be surprised of the number of people who don't know they can
enter something in their browsers' location bar themselves.
3. How does a location bar within the Nautilus window make typing paths
any more obvious than a location bar provided by an applet?

regards,

--

Reinout van Schouwen			Artificial Intelligence student
email: reinout cs vu nl			mobile phone: +31-6-44360778